Sonargaon was the ancient capital of East Bengal during Isa Khan’s ruling. See the Folk Arts & Crafts Museum, abandoned Panam City, abandoned Hindu temples, a bamboo made primary school, and life at small island on Meghna river in our Bangladesh old capital Sonargaon day tour.
- 08.00 – 08.00 AM: Our guide will meet you at hotel and start driving immediately toward Sonargaon. Sonargaon is 25km away from Dhaka City and could 1.5-2 hours to reach depending on traffic.
- 09.30 – 09.45 AM: Visit fine example of pre-Mughal architecture Goaldi Mosque which is Built in 1519. It is the oldest structure remaining in Sonargaon
- 10.00 – 10.40 AM: Visit a beautiful rajbari (palace) built in 1901 inside which is located the Folk Arts and Crafts Museum.
- 10.45 – 11.20 AM Visit Folk arts and crafts museum’ which represents the authentic Bengali culture and heritage. This meseum is full of folk arts and handicrafts from the 17th century onwards.
- 11.35 – 12.20 PM: Visit abandoned Panam City. This tiny settlement consists of a single street, lined with around 50 mansions built by wealthy Hindu merchants, abandoned during the partition between India and Pakistan when the owners fled to India. This is a highlight of Bangladesh Old Capital Tour.
- 12.30 – 01.20 PM: Lunch on a descent local restaurant (authentic local food).
- 01.35 – 02.40 PM: Visit another gorgeous palace from colonial period and an abandoned Shiva temple of huge size, and a fully bamboo made primary school for disadvantaged children from Hindu society.
- 02.55 – 04.30 PM: Visit a small river island in mighty river Meghna by country boat to see traditional life of farmers in Bangladesh, and drive toward Dhaka
- 06.00 – 06.00 PM: Drop at the hotel/residence. End of Bangladesh Old Capital tour.
Bangladesh Old Capital Sonargaon day Tour Price
|2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||6 Person||
Inclusions of Old Capital Sonargaon day Trip
- Air-conditioned car.
- English speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
- Lunch on a local restaurant (authentic local food).
- All rickshaw and boat rides.
Exclusions of Old Capital Sonargaon day Trip
- English speaking guide. Anything did not mention above.
- Sonargaon Folk-arts and Crafts Museum is closed at Wednesdays & Thursdays.
- Pick-up time will be 8.30 am during Fridays, Saturdays, and other govt. holidaysbecause of less traffic on the streets during these days.
- For hotels in southern part of Dhaka city, pickup time will always be at 8.30 am.