“Paddy-canal-rivers these three make Barisal” it’s a proverb about Barisal. Traveling by boat is the way of life here. Watching life in Ganga Delta is an unique experience which you explore by country boats in rivers and canals of Barisal. You’ll take an overnight ferry to Barisal, and explore it’s canals and rivers next 03 days on small country boats. There you’ll see endless guava gardens on it’s full ripen season, floating markets of rice, vegetables, and fruits, traditional life on the sides of the rivers and canals, bazars, saw mill, paddy field, schools, and many more interesting things. You’ll discover rural Bangladesh on this 03 days Backwater Barisal Travel which is the way of life of maximum people in this country.
Night-01: Overnight ferry to Barisal
- Our guide will meet you in the evening at your hotel and transfer to Sadarghat river station in Old Dhaka, and embark the passenger ferry with you for an overnight journey to Barisal.
- Overnight in a Sleeping cabin on passenger ferry to Barisal
Day-01: River Cruise in Barisal
- The ferry will reach at 6 am in the morning and transferred to the Hotel.
- Take rest 1-2 hours. Then we will go out to see the Barisal City. Barisal is the clean city of Bangladesh. We will visit Church, the busy local market and river ports.
- We’ll take public ferry to Bhola at 11 am. We can enjoy the riverside beauty seating on ferry roof while the ferry will go through small and big rivers.
- After 2.5 hours we’ll reach to Bhola & walk around that area and come back same way.
- At Evening we return to Barisal and stay overnight.
Day-02: Canal Cruise in Barisal
- We will drive to a remote place in Barisal on a Tuk-Tuk early morning. We’ll embark at our waiting motorized country boat after arrival and start cruising immediately towards a floating market or other interesting places depending on the day.
- Breakfast will be served on the boat bought from a local market.
- You can enjoy the rivers and small canals in Barisal by visiting a floating market where people bring everything to sell by boat which is full of activities and perfect for photography. This is a wholesale market where goods are mainly sold from farmers to vendors.
- You can buy various seasonal local fruits from a local market for lunch e.g. lichee, mango, coconut, jack-fruit, watermelon etc.
- You’ll also visit a village bazar and have tea while meeting with village people and exchange culture,
- Then we’ll visit a paddy field and also trying to visit a Pottery home and many more village activities.
- Return to our beginning place around 5.30 pm and transfer to Barisal City by tuk-tuk.
- In the evening, we’ll take you to a descent restaurant at Barisal for dinner.
- Overnight at Barisal.
Day-03: Canal Cruise in Barisal
- Taking breakfast on a restaurant at early morning and drive to a remote place in Barisal by a Tuk-Tuk. After arrival we’ll embark at our waiting motorized country boat and start cruising immediately.
- You we’ll visit various places through the narrow canals and rivers today. By floating through the backyards of people’s house you can see their lifestyle while they welcome you and greet you from the land. You’ll also visit numerous guava gardens where 80% of Bangladesh’s guavas are grown. You can also see a floating guava market there.
- Visit a school (if open) to meet kids and teachers.
- We’ll cruise through the narrow canals and rivers to visit the timber market which is the next attraction for today. It’s the largest market of this type in the southern part of the country.
- You can see logs dumped beside the river which is spread in miles. These logs are carried away on the river very slowly by help of a boat and worker loading and unloading them manually with the help of tide. Then we’ll visit a saw mill where they saw the logs according to the needs of the customers without taking the least safety measure.
- Return to our begining place around 3.30 pm, transfer to Barisal by Tuk-Tuk.
- We’ll return to hotel in the afternoon and late check-out. After freshen up we’ll transfer to Barisal river station depending on the departure time on a passenger ferry to Dhaka (between 6.30 – 8.30 pm).
- Overnight in a Sleeping cabin on passenger ferry.
Day-04: Reach to Dhaka
- Arrive Dhaka early morning around 6.00 am and transfer to your hotel
- End of the tour.
Backwater Barisal Travel Package
|2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||8 Person|
Inclusions of Backwater Barisal Tour
- 02 Nights accommodation on passenger ferry in a sleeping cabin on twin sharing basis.
- 2 Night accommodation in a hotel at Barisal.
- All meal from Night 01 Dinner to Day 03 Dinner.
- Locally purchased fruits, drinking water, tea while on country boat at Barisal.
- Ticket of Public Ferry
- Tuk-Tuk and Rickshaw as transport in Barisal.
- All boat rides mentioned in the itinerary.
- English speaking guide.
Exclusions of Backwater Barisal Tour
- English speaking guide. Anything did not mention above.
Remarks on Barisal Backwater Tour
- Itinerary of this trip is fully flexible and not fixed. It will be changed depending on the day as different floating markets sets on different days of the week.
- While on cruising at the backwaters, there will be no descent restaurant available These are very remote places. You’ll find a decent restaurant only in Barisal city.
- This tour is for people who love to see different people and culture. There is no sight-seeing attraction on this tour.
- Mid June- Mid September is the best time to travel. November to March is also good to Backwater Barisal travel.